Fighting-type Pokemon can be versatile when it comes to Pokemon Battles by exhibiting exceptional combat skills. However, it is also imperative for players to know about the various weaknesses and resistances of these types of Pokemon to use them effectively in battles.
Fighting Type Pokemon also gives rise to some very powerful Type combos, making them a formidable threat to face off against on the battlefield for any other Pokemon type.
If you want to master the art of handling fighting-type Pokemon with utmost grace and effectiveness, then this Game Guide is just for you!
We have curated the list of all the Fighting Type Pokemon Weaknesses and Resistances in this post. To kick things up a notch, we have also added a segment containing the Best Counters Pokemon which are most effective when coming up against Fighting-Type Pokemon.
In This Post
Fighting Type Pokémon Weaknesses
Fighting Type Pokemon are among the categories of Pokemon that exhibit vulnerability against very few Pokemon Types. The fast movement speeds of fighting types allow them to dodge many fast attacks from other Pokemon types effortlessly.
Here we have listed the Pokemon Types that Fighting Types are particularly weak against:
1. Fairy Type
With their ethereal and mystical abilities, Fairy Type Pokemon tend to have an upper hand while battling Fighting Type Pokemon. Not only do the Fighting Types take a significant amount of damage from this Type but they also are resistant to Fighting Type’s numerous moves and maneuvers.
Some of the most effective Fairy Type moves that can leave even the strongest Fighting types in a weak spot include Moonblast, Play Rough, Sparkly Swirl, and Strange Steam.
2. Flying Type
The next Pokemon Type that is inherently strong against Fighting-type Pokemon is the Flying Type! This Pokemon Typing has a natural advantage against physical attacks since they can easily dodge them with their swift flying motions. In addition to this, Fighting Type Pokemon cannot resist the swift air-based attacks of the Flying types, leaving their defense to crumble easily against them.
The most powerful flying-type moves against Fighting Type Pokemon include Hurricane, Oblivion Wing, Brave Bird, Roost, and Air Slash.
3. Psychic Type
It is a well-established fact that Fighting Type Pokemon rely on their physical strength and fast movement capabilities, but all these stats become practically useless the Psychic Types can easily take control of the mind of Fighting Types, interrupting and influencing their physical prowess to render them ineffective in battle sequences an easily defeating them.
The strongest Psychic Type attacks against Fighting Types to look out for include Psycho Boost, Future Sight, Dream Eater, Freezing Glare, Zen Headbutt, and Hyperspace Hole.
Fighting Type Pokémon Resistances
Now circling to the Fighting Type Pokemon Resistances, we will be discussing the innate resistances of the Fighting Types and what Pokemon types they are strong against. The following Pokemon Types are particularly weak compared to Fighting types. Let us take a look:
1. Rock Type
Fighting Types show a natural resistance against Rock-type Pokemon. Although this may sound a bit strange, Rock types fail to break the defenses of Fighting types, leaving them looking considerably weak in the battle against them. On the other hand, Fighting Type’s attacks break through Rock-type defenses with ease, dealing them considerable damage, leaving the Rock types on the brink.
2. Bug Type
Bug-type Pokemon are already not taken seriously by the Pokemon community, their vulnerability against the Fighting Types certainly doesn’t help their reputation. The Bug-type moves aren’t even strong enough to break through the defenses of the Fighting Types. In return, the fast action-packed physical attacks of Fighting Types leave Bug Types in a vulnerable spot.
3. Dark Type
Next on the list of Fighting Type Pokemon Resistances is the Dark Type Pokemon. Dark Types may be one of the only types to effectively counter Psychic Types and Ghost Type Pokemon but their abilities are ineffective against the relentless, hard-hitting maneuvers of the Fighting types.
The sharp follow-up defense moves of Fighting Types don’t leave much room for the Dark Type Pokemon to directly attack them, and even if they do get through, they only manage to deal little damage in their attacks.
Also Read: Do Unleash your adventure with Pokemon GBA ROM hacks.
Best Counters for Fighting Type Pokémon
Now that we have discussed the strengths and weaknesses of Fighting Type Pokemon, we can easily draw out the Best counters against them. So, here is the list of the most effective counters you can use against Fighting Type Pokemon in games such as Pokemon Go, Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, and Pokemon UNITE.
- Psychic Type Pokemon: As we stated earlier, Psychic Type Pokemon can easily counter fighting-types by utilizing their mind control abilities. Some of the best Psychic-type Pokemon you can go with include Mewtwo, Alakazam, Espeon, Lugia, and Cresselia.
- Flying Type Pokemon: Flying Type Pokemon is undoubtedly one of the best counters against Fighting Types. The aerial attacks and strong defense against physical attacks automatically put them in the lead. Rayquaza, Yvetal, Aerodactyl, and Skarmory are some of the most powerful Flying Type Pokemon you can use to counter Fighting Types.
- Fairy Type Pokemon: Fairy Type Pokemon is yet another excellent counter when it comes to battling Fighting Types. Diancie, Gardevoir, Sylveon, and Togekiss are some very fine choices that you can use against Fighting Types.
- Steel Type Pokemon: Steel Type Pokemon have an extremely high physical attack proficiency that can easily break down the defenses of the Fighting Type while imparting huge damage. In return, the solid steel defense of these robust Pokemon is barely affected by Fighting Type moves. Some of the best Steel-type Pokemon choices include Dialga, Metagross, Aggron, and Excadrill.
- Ghost Type Pokemon: Lastly, Ghost Type Pokemon is another solid counter that is worth trying against Fighting Type Pokemon. Since Ghost-type Pokemon do not have a solid body, fighting-type Pokemon are ineffective against them as they can’t strike a physical form of any kind. Some of the most effective Ghost Type Pokemon you can deploy against Fighting Pokemon include Gengar, Froslass, Chandelure, Giratina, Aegislash, and Mismagius.
This marks the end of our article on Fighting Type Pokemon Weaknesses and Resistances. We hope this Pokemon Guide will help you in future Pokemon Games to perfect your skills as a Pokemon Trainer. Feel free to connect with us by leaving a comment in the comments section provided below.
We will be back with more exciting Pokemon Game Guides soon. Till then, Happy Gaming folks!
Frequently Asked Questions
Fighting Type Pokemon are weak against?
All the generic Fighting Type Pokemon are weak against Psychic, Fairy, and Flying Type Pokemon moves.
Is there a flying type Eevee?
Yes, Aiveon is the Flying Type evolution of Eevee.
Fighting Type Pokemon are strong against?
Fighting Type Pokemon are quite strong against Steel, Dark, Ice, Rock, and Normal Type Pokemon.
Is Ghost-type Pokemon immune to Fighting-type Pokemon?
Yes, Ghost Type Pokemon are basically immune to the numerous attacks and abilities of Fighting Type moves as they lack a physical body.