Are you a fan of fantasy action-adventure games? If yes, then you are in for a treat with this new upcoming ambitious action RPG game being developed by Pearl Abyss, the same group responsible for developing the highly praised and much-appreciated fantasy MMORPG that goes by the name of Black Desert Online.
Action RPGs are released at regular intervals in today’s gaming market, but only a few hook the players to the end, and Crimson Desert looks to do exactly that by making a meaningful impression on gamers from the get-go.
After the success of Black Desert Online, Pearl Abyss has now decided to make a game inspired by it. Although this game was initially planned to be a better and enhanced fantasy MMO like Black Desert Online when it was announced back in 2020 during the game awards, it is now being marketed as a standalone action RPG, and not an MMORPG.
The game aims to not only improve upon what has already been made available to the players til now by other top developers making action fantasy games over the years but also hopes to revolutionize the gaming industry and the RPG genre as a whole in the process as well.
Many rumors were circulating about this game regarding the fact that Crimson Desert could be the successor to Black Desert Online, a prequel to be more precise, but so far no official word has come out to confirm or deny this, so it is safe to assume the latter for the time being.
Players will be presented with an unprecedented level of freedom to play this ambitious game at their own pace and experience unforgettable moments in ultra-realistic graphics, from the moment they log into the game, all the way till the end credits roll.
So if you, like us, and can’t wait to learn more about this project and get your hands on it, let’s jump right into the details regarding this game to find out its release date, gameplay features, what platforms it will be coming out on, etc.
Also Read: Interested in this game? Check out Crimson Desert’s Official Website to learn more about this game.
Crimson Desert Release Date List
Release Date: When is it coming out?
Starting with the question most gamers are searching for, at the time of writing this article, we at BenettonPlay can confirm by referring to multiple sources around the web that this game currently has no official release date.
Although the game was scheduled to launch in 2021, after a few delays and hiccups in development, Pearl Abyss delayed the game’s official release date to somewhere in the late 2023 time period.
Seeing that we have hardly heard from them regarding anything related to this game, it is safe to assume that it won’t be launching in the immediate future, and certainly not in 2023, but rest assured that we’ll update this section, as and when we get any official news about it.
Official Reveal/Announcement Trailer
Take a look at the reveal trailer of Crimson Desert showcased to the gaming community in 2019.
Moving on to the gameplay elements present in this game, although the reveal trailer was released in 2019, it was not until the 2020 Game Awards that people started getting a bit excited about this game.
Here, take a look at the world premiere gameplay trailer to get you hyped up for this game:
After showcasing the first-ever gameplay trailer, things went silent on the game’s front to such an extent that many people assumed the game had been delayed indefinitely or worse, canceled entirely.
Fortunately, things started looking up for this game and its fans when Pearl Abyss released a brand new, updated gameplay deep dive trailer at the Game Awards 2023 live event which showcased all the ridiculous amount of things players can indulge in for maximum fun and entertainment value.
Here, let us take a look at the gameplay trailer showcased at The Game Awards 20203 Live Event:
To make things a little easier to grasp, we have made a little trailer breakdown list for all of you, to ultimately help you guys list down all the amazing features that they can indulge in in this game.
The trailer breakdown points are listed below:
- Take part in arm-wrestling activities with people in pubs.
- Battling hoards of armored enemy units in various settings like a grassy battlefield, and during for sieges.
- Horse-riding through the battlefield and firing a barrage of arrows at the enemies.
- Taking a breather from all the action and admiring the jaw-dropping vistas visible in the world of Pywel.
- Visiting various towns and settlements scattered throughout the game’s world and accepting quests from the quest boards.
- Rescuing animals for troubled farmers
- Hijacking wagons full of important resources.
- Buying various edibles from vendors
- Drinking water from a fountain located near a settlement.
- Fishing for various kinds of fish in lakes and ponds located all across the game’s world.
- Fighting giant mystical crabs along the rivers.
- Pet dogs and cats.
- Harvest wild resources like mushrooms from rotten tree trunks.
- Play a musical instrument like a flute to entertain yourself and the people around you.
- When tired of all the combat and exploration, players can take a nap next to haystacks.
- Go on tours high into the sky in a hot air balloon.
- Travel through mysterious portals that will transport you to a different dimension.
- Solve complex puzzles like matching runes on pillars and more.
- Climb trees and buildings, and jump over palisades like an assassin
- Tame wild horses with the help of a quick time event.
- Scan and survey various ancient relics to experience age-old powers.
- Discover large portals that will act as fast-travel points.
- Eject into the air and fly like an eagle with the help of a mystical power.
- Navigate through and survive nature’s wrath in the form of tornados.
- Take part in and survive intense challenge chambers.
- Sky-dive from the sky to your desired location.
- Fight massive mechanical bosses like dragons and giants.
- Explore hidden areas on floating islands.
Storyline – What is the game about?
Moving on to the main story of the game, Pearl Abyss has provided a clear guide on its official website regarding what players can expect from the game and its story. Although it is not the clearest explanation one could’ve hoped for, it is still nonetheless a great starting point for anyone looking to indulge in this game, to begin with, and players can later look to uncover more of what this game has to offer by playing it for themselves.
Here are the 4 different categories in which the developers divided the description regarding the main theme of the game.
Before we dive into the list, please take a look at the official Game Overview video from the game’s developer archives, and hear what people behind the development of this game have to say about it:
Now that you have taken a look at the gameplay overview of the game, let’s shine some light on what the central theme of the game is going to be as well:
- A War-Torn World – The game takes place in the continent of Pywel, a land consisting of plains, cold lands, and barren desert where a king lies in a coma and people are struggling to survive, and now it is up to the players to bring prosperity and order back to the land. Moreover, to add to the realism of the game, whatever decisions players take will have a direct impact on the outcome of the story they experience.
- A Struggle of All, For All – A new era of weaponry has dawned over Pywel and players will have to utilize them to defeat the different varieties of foes they will encounter. Players will look to emerge victorious by utilizing various swords, hand cannons, and axes among a plethora of other weapons, to reign supreme over their foes.
- Mercenaries Wanted – Pywel is a dangerous place jam-packed with lots of enemies looking to take the players down and sometimes taking on the entire world all by themselves is not a wise choice. Luckily for the players, they can assemble their very own band of mercenaries to counter these threats head-on without fear.
- Tread Carefully – The world of Pywel is not only massive, but it is also teeming with lots of challenging enemies to battle. From Mythical Beasts, and Maniacal Rulers, to fellow Mercenaries who have lost their way, each will be looking to bring the player’s journey to an abrupt halt. Players may not encounter all of these foes during their travels, but players are still advised to always be on their guard whenever they are traveling through this beautiful yet treacherous world.
Also Read: Interested in playing other RPG games before Crimson Desert comes out? Check out our list of some of the best RPGs of all time to dive into that have some of the most immersive storylines and exhilarating combat systems.
Coming to the platforms the game will be looking to release on, as far as multiple sources on the web are to be believed, Crimson Desert will be released on the following platforms: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and S, and Xbox One.
This was all the information we had regarding this ambitious, action-adventure RPG from Pearl Abyss that players should keep a keen out for, because if the game looks anything close to what we currently see in these videos, then this game can potentially be one of the best fantasy RPGs to be ever released.
The game is still in development and we’re sure to keep getting bits of information regarding its gameplay features, storyline, and more, so please keep coming back to this post from time to time to stay updated with all the latest regarding Crimson Desert, as we’ll keep updating this article with new pieces of information, as and when it becomes available to us.